Madison area families are invited to bring the kids downtown Madison to partake in StoryWalk, an innovative program that combines reading with a scavenger hunt.
Photo credit: Pexels
Start your StoryWalk adventure at the Downtown Madison Visitor Center at 452 State Street. There you’ll receive the first page of the story that you can read to your kids.
Then walk up State Street and stop at the various participating businesses to get other parts of the story. The final chapter of the story is available at the Madison Children’s Museum at 100 N. Hamilton St.
StoryWalk is a FREE event and is available July 14 – Aug. 14. This summer’s book is “Ice Cream Face” by Heidi Woodward Sheffield.
Participating StoryWalk stops are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream
- Downtown Madison Visitor Center
- Fiore Companies – 121 State St
- Fontana Sports
- Ian’s Pizza
- JD McCormick Properties – 430 State St
- Lake City Books
- Madison Children’s Museum
- Madison Public Library – Central Branch
- Park Hotel